Penn Model Congress, founded in 1997, is an entirely student-run organization open to all undergraduates of the University of Pennsylvania. Students meet semi-weekly to debate bills written by their peers that cover a variety of contemporary political issues. In addition, the club sponsors panels, guest speakers, and field trips in order to enhance our understanding of the United States government, particularly the Congress and legislative process.
Our year culminates in the spring, when we host a high school conference where 700 delegates from across the nation convene at Penn to debate their own legislation in simulation of the United States Congress. Members act as committee chairs to facilitate debate and oversee the conference. In addition, members may choose to be part of the conference staff to have a more active role in the planning and administrating of the conference throughout the year.
Click here for more information about PENNMC
The Executive Board oversees all club activities and helps to coordinate its conferences and other special events. Congratulations to the newly elected Executive Board for the 2018-2019 academic year!
- President - Sam Colangelo
- Vice President - Craig Haratz
- Executive Directors - Dylan Denman and Ava Barzegar
- Program Directors - Graelin Mandel and Justin Horn
- Deputy Program Directors -
- Admin Director - Celina Lin
- Conference Preparation Committee -
- Chief of Staff - Dillon Bogart
- Logistics Director - Carter Rice
- Operations Directors - Lynn Hur and Rachel Baum
- Business Directors - Ben Kaufman and Jason Cohen
- Social Directors - Jillian Stone and Caroline Graif
- Outreach Director - Jake Weiseneck and Tyler Lawson
- Technology Director - Matt Cohen
- Social Media Coordinator - Carly Dietelzweig
- Marketing Coordinator - Olivia Mukherjee
- Executive Branch Coordinators - Eva Lardizabal
- Supreme Court Coodinators - Rae Peterson
- National Security Council Coordinators - Nicholas Shevchik
- National Economic Council Coordinators - Jordan Dewar and Karen Whisler